- 2006 Radio Emmy for Outstanding Production Values
- Honourable mention in the New York Times top ten wrestling radio shows
- Received the highest honour the National Association for Awkward Silences can bestow.
Great moments in WOL historyEdit
- The Gay Community
- Pots and pans guy
- A guy playing a looped version of Dave's laugh back at him
- Dave's dog barking every two minutes on eYada
- Ole Anderson loses his goddamn mind
- Bryan and Dave, each thinking the other had been cut off, give simultaneous monologues to "fill time" for a good three minutes straight
- Dave and Daniel Puder discuss a "ripped" girl who served them at Subway
- Missy Hyatt tries to enlist Dave in her quest to obtain Bret Hart's sperm
- Dave being asked how Chris Benoit can win a ladder match when his arms are so short
- James from Kentucky calls in to ask the guest to say hello to his friend John, who is listening. Dave immediately assures the audience that "we'll be improving the quality of our callers very soon."
- Roland Alexander being asked how hot it was in the fat suit that he wore in Beyond the Mat
- WCW fans calling Dave and asking when Eric Bischoff was going to make his next move in the amazing storyline he had created where it appeared that WCW had been bought by WWE.
- Tom Zenk's bitter ranting and raving about Ole Anderson saying he'd suck cock all day for $750,000.
- Any time John from Florida called in.
- The Trish Stratus stalker
Lowlights of WOL historyEdit
- Dave Meltzer telling everyone that he predicted Chris Jericho’s appearance in NJPW at a cocktail party with his ‘friends’